Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Are you insane?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

You can apply this quote to pretty much every situation in life, but for now I'm using it for the weightloss challenge.

Tough love here people. Are you stuck at a certain weight? Frustrated that you can't lose any more or get away from that certain number you see all the time when you step on the scale?

Change something! Change everything! I see and hear people that complain they can't lose anything, but their actual lifestyle hasn't changed at all. If the only thing you have changed is you've decided not to have that oreo cookie before bed, well hello!!!!!! McFly!!!!!! You have got to step it up way more than that! So many people seem to be so afraid of "feeling" hungry. Well sorry folks, if you want to lose some weight, expect a little discomfort. If you are used to having 3 pieces of pizza for dinner and you only have one.......I promise you, you will not starve!!! Like I've said a million times before, dieting sucks!!!! But the end result is so worth it. The way you feel, they way you look, it's worth it.

Do you ever hear a successful dieting person say "damn, I wish I wouldn't have lost that 20 lbs!!!". Oh heck no!!! But do you think that 20 lbs just fell off them with them doing any work? Without them sacrificing some of their favorite foods???

I'm just as guilty as most of you. I get so frustrated when I don't see a loss when I step on that scale. I'm not naive enough to think though that I did all I could to diet and exercise enough to lose any extra pounds.

You have got to want it people!! You have got to want it bad enough so that when those weak tempting moments arrive, you can fight your way through them.

The little things add up. Sugar and cream in the coffee, the extra half a steak for dinner, the extra dinner roll. You have got to get serious about it. We as Americans are so spoiled and have such terrible eating habits. If most of your day is spent at a desk your body doesn't require much in the way of calories to get through. Snack on some carrot sticks, grab an apple, grab something that's main ingredient isn't sugar or flour.

Like good ol Albert said, if your doing the same thing over and over and expecting better results, well your crazy.

Strive to dig deeper. Again, write it down. Write down what you eat. Write down what you did as a form of exercise. If your not making progress, I think you will see the evidence of why on the paper. Less calories and more work (exercise)!!! Don't pout about!!! Do it!!

As of yesterday, I was still at 176. I knew I hadn't worked very hard and my diet, though not bad, wasn't strict enough on the calories. So my goal by Friday is to see 173. I know people say "well that's not healthy". Well if I eat right and get in enough cardio, I'm going to feel fine. You can't be afraid of "feeling" hungry. Now don't go and pass out on me, but if your stomach feels "satisfied" all the time, you're right back in that "insanity" group of not seeing success, but doing the same thing over and over. You are going to feel hungry at some point, deal with it. Don't have carrots or apples to snack on? Tote your happy butts to walmart or safeway! Out of cash? Let me know, I'll bring you some carrots:).

Step it up a little as the week comes to and end. Less calories, healthy food choices, and get that heart rate up, 70% of your max for at least 30 minutes.

Be determined!!!!! Step Up!!!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: