Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Self Esteem

Well Sizzlean is the first to break the 6% mark.  Someday Skinny is right on his tail.  I'm so impressed with the numbers that people have hit already.   Scale Crusher did the PF Chang 1/2 marathon this past weekend but I haven't heard any updates yet. 

I got my first road ride for 2013 in today.  I think we only did about 9 miles, but it sure was good to get outside.  From the looks of the forecast though, I 'll be riding indoors again for the rest of the week. 

We just signed on once again to be the title sponsor of the 2013 Bike the Bluff bicycle race.  It would be so cool to get more locals signed up this year.  It's grown every year, but that's mostly because of all the riders that come from out of town.  Other than writing the check for the sponsorship, Alpha Oxy-Med really doesn't play much of a role in organizing the race, but this year I'm going to focus on getting more local riders involved.  Anybody want a free entry?  Let me know and AOM will take care it.  They have two citizen classes; one that is 62 miles and a shorter one of 22 miles.  Get involved, get your entire family out there.  It's a lot of fun and who knows, you may get hooked. 

So how the heck is everyone doing with their diets?  Are you kicking some butt?  Are you struggling?   In all honesty, if there is something I can do to help you reach your goals, please do not hesitate to email me.  I really want to see everyone succeed, so  please keep me informed as to your progress. 

Something has been on my mind lately; let's say I was to giveaway 10 gym memberships.......how many of you would actually take me up on the offer?   I'm thinking there are some major self esteem issues out there.   Let's say your 30-40 lbs over weight, do you fear going to the gym?  Does the thought of running next to the skinny chick on the treadmill bug you or even keep you from getting on the treadmill?    If this is you.....and pardon the choice of words, but you have got to say "screw the world!!".   Who cares what anybody else thinks?   And now I need to get a little religious on you.   NOBODY else matters but YOU!!!!  This may sound a little cheesy, but you have to realize that in God's eyes, it doesn't matter what you look like in those sweat pants, how your butt jiggles on the treadmill, you cannot let that keep you from reaching your goals.  And again honestly, who gives a crap what anyone else thinks.  Who is showing more guts by going to the gym?  The muscle bound guy that can bench 500lbs or the little runt that is doing all he can to get stronger?   The 18 year old skinny chick or the 40 year old mom of 3 who works 40 hours a week?    Keep those long term goals in your mind.  Once you reach your goals, then those people will really be talking about you.  "Wow, she looks great now!", "holy cow she has lost a ton of weight!"    Please Please Please do not shy away from your goals because of a self esteem issue.  It's your life, it's your body,  it's all you!!!  If you are 30-40lbs over and you have kids at home, well it's a no brainer!!!  You have got to get healthy!!!   It's not fair to you and it's surely not fair to your kids.    Stick with the program.  Like I said, if you are struggling, please do not hesitate to email me.  I will do all I can to help.  mail@alphaoxymed.com 

Well my eyes are getting heavy so I'm going to call it a night. Nighty night!!!  Start tomorrow strong!!!!   If you pray, pray for the strength to stick with your diet, to keep striving for those goals.   Stay strong!! Pray Hard!!!   Work out even harder!!!  Dig Deep!!!  Anything worth doing is rarely easy!

No comments: