Friday, January 25, 2013

For you husbands out there.

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her.". Eph 5:25

A good friend once referred me to this quote then said "now go put some skin on it"

If you read that scripture then really put you heart into it, it's a huge responsibility. I can promise you though,that if you follow this scripture and give your wife your heart and your mind (aka, your ears and your time) it will change your marriage immensely.

In describing the word love, I read this today "Love is a selfless and enduring commitment of the will to care about and benefit another person by righteous, truthful, and compassionate thoughts, words, and actions"

Just ask my wife, I am a major work in progress, but when I focus on (and follow through) what I wrote above, my entire day is better. Things are better when I get home after work. My wife and I used to say that a marriage was one big circle, sort of like, "I scratch your back and you scratch mine", but it's NOT. It's not at all.

It may be a one way street somedays! It's not your responsibility to judge, pout, be pissed off, whatever. It's your job to take the high road, no matter how difficult, you are to show love with all you've got. There are no conditions when loving someone. You either do or you don't. And if you do, SHOW IT! SAY IT!!! Love is an action word. It's more than just thoughts and words, you have got to show it!

Men, it's lifechanging! Step out of your "I'm the provider of this household, it's all I should have to do" box and start showing your wife how much you love and care for her. Sacrifice some of your time for her. Dude, I promise promise promise, that if not immediately, in due time it will change you!!!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: