Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Need a little sleep.

I am beyond tired this evening.  I'm not on call very often, but last night was my night.  I had been told that Whiteriver ER was busy so I was prepared to be called at anytime.  Going to bed, I had laid out all my clothes, even had my coffee cup ready.  As expected, at 1am the phone rings.  Only it wasn't Whiteriver, it was Summit.   I live less then two miles from Summit so you would think this would be a quick set up.  Well it would be had I driven a work vehicle home, but nooooo I drove my truck home.   So because I wasn't thinking, I now had to drive up to the office, load my truck with tanks and a concentrator, then drive back to the hospital.  All of this at 1:00 in the morning.   It's our policy to always try and be at the hospital within 30 minutes of the phone call.  I was close, but didn't quite make it.  I think it took me 40 minutes.  Fortunately the patient and his wife were both asleep,  plus he still had his IV in so they weren't necessarily waiting on me.  They were such a nice family.  Had a great time talking and getting to know them.  Kudos to the ER doc as well.  Very personable, both with me and the patient. 

I mentioned getting my butt kicked yesterday...........well the bruises started showing up last night.  A bruised nose (even after wearing headgear), and bruises on each side of my forehead.  I'm actually amazed at how sore my nose is.   Needless to say, I was super frustrated after yesterdays workout.  I just felt like I couldn't do anything right.  It does motivate me though to work harder and I have to give it to Jay, even after beating the heck out of me, after were done, he broke things down and went over all the things I need to work on.  Right now, speed and follow through seem to be my biggest issue.  I'm old and slow so I've got lots of work to do.  I really have no goals to speak of except to improve.  I told Jay today that my goal is to beat him by the time he is 70 years old:) .   Get this, the guy is 51 years old and he bench presses 300 pounds!!  He's no runt. 

I decided yesterday to take some online classes.  I'll be working on my Elite Training Certificate.  This will include a personal training certificate (at the moment this doesn't really appeal to me), a sports nutrition certificate and a rehab training certificate.  I decided to this mostly because of where I want to take the company.  As I said before, I want to do more then just deliver wheelchairs, set up oxygen, or anything of the sort.  I really want the company to focus on helping people improve their lives.  If I can be a bigger part of that, then by all means that's the role I want to play.   I've reviewed some of the material already and I'm hoping it's not going to be too difficult.  My degree is in biology with an emphasis in human physiology so most of the info should be a review for me at least I hope so.  As I move forward with the studies, I'll keep you informed as to my progress.

I weighed in at 175 pounds today.  I feel really good (except for being tired) and I'm looking forward to seeing 170 real soon.   I haven't been struggling at all  with the diet.   Typically FAGE yogurt for breakfast, a grilled chicken breast for lunch and this week has been either a porkchop or salad for dinner.  Maybe a handful of my sons M&M's for a snack:) .   Other than that, I haven't really strayed too far.   Hoping to get some good sleep tonight then start again fresh tomorrow. 

Well I'm pooped out, so I'm going to call it a night.  Sorry for the boring post, but it's all I've got tonight. 


No comments: