Saturday, January 5, 2013

Crap Food

You guys are cracking me up with your challenge names.  Bub-a-Chub and Mybuttisbig about made me drop my phone when it  came across.  Next year I'm going to have to have a separate award for the craziest name.   Hey Fab 4...............Where's the other half of the 4?   Only see two of ya. 

So, I'm anxious to hear about some of you all's (I'm not from Texas) plans to lose this weight.  Shoot me an email and share.  mail@alphaoxymed.com   I'll share my plan as soon as I come up with one.  I think I told everyone about the 1200 calories, next of course will be the gym, a little boxing (we don't hit hard), and more time on the bike. 

Every morning I get up early and sit in the chair across from the wood stove to do some reading and yesterday I noticed my sides were getting more "rolie polie like".   I always know I'm starting to lose weight as I can usually hit the 4th hole on my belt.  Well right now, I'm struggling between hole 2 and 3.  Ugh, that drives me crazy. 

Last year, I gave a few DVD's away and one of them was the documentary called Food Inc.  It's about the power the food industry has over the consumer as well as the power they have over the common farmer.   Anyway, what made me think of this was while I was driving through two counties on Thursday handing out the Challenge Fliers, I stopped at Circle K in St. Johns to get something to eat.  Have you ever stopped to think about all the Crap Food in a Circle K?   It's 99% of the store.  And we Americans eat that crap everyday.  Seeing as how most of you are in the medical field, have you ever thought about this food, your body, and what it does at the cellular level (ok cellular may be a bit of stretch, but you get my drift).   From the liver, the kidneys, your gallbladder (if you have one), your pancreas.  I just don't think our organs were created with all this Crap food in mind.   Then you think of all the crap they put in the food...............some of this stuff could survive a nuclear attack.   Are you a beef jerky fan?  Have you ever read the ingredients?  And don't just be in denial, read it!!!  Then google some of those words you can't pronounce.   I saw one with Propylene Glycol.  Google that one then hit "images".  

By they way, all I grabbed at Circle K was a Tiger's Milk bar (yes I know it has high fructose corn syrup) and I grabbed a bag of Corn Nuts (was later reprimanded by CC for that one).

Don't be thinking I'm this granola tree hugger type because I'm far from it (enjoyed a good top sirloin last night), but I do struggle with what I eat and the food decisions I make.  When you look at all the crap they put in our food, then all the crap food we eat, we're foolish to wonder why diseases like cancer are so rampant.  I hate the power that food has and even worse I hate (I hate the word "hate") the power that the food companies have.  For the most part, the FDA is a politically ran organization.  Sure they do their best to monitor the big issues like E Coli, but dang if we don't have more crap then we need in our food.  It's all put in there to either make it last 52 weeks or just to make it look inviting.  It serves no other purpose then to make the product more marketable. 

Ok, I'll get off my high horse for now.  That was more then I originally planned on saying.  Hope you all have a super Saturday.    Much warmer today than yesterday (still don't know when to use "then" or "than").

No comments: