Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Its Tuesday!!

Get up!!! Put a smile on and have a great friggin day!!! If your heading to work, realize this...........you have a job!!!! And most likely......you have a car!!!!! So smile dang it cuz right now you are blessed to have both. If your not thankful or your sitting there with a pouty look on your face, go stand your butt out there at one of the bus stops in the freezing cold.

So many of us are blessed in so many ways, yet on a daily basis, we take most of it for granted. Why? Not sure, but I think some think they "deserve" it. They say "heck, I work hard, I deserve to have all this stuff". Well let me tell ya, it can all disappear in a blink of an eye. Illness, lay offs, family struggles, whatever it may be it can all disappear tomorrow.

If you woke up in a fairly warm house this morning, if your kids are healthy and getting ready for school (don't forget what happened in Connecticut), if you have food in the cupboards, be thankful. Tote your butt into whatever room your spouse is in, give them a kiss and say I love you! (For many, this may cause a heart attack so be gentle:) ).

Don't let all that has been given to you pass you by. Don't wait around for something bad to happen in order to be thankful for things. Cherish it! Hug those kids! Sure they may be driving you crazy, but they are in your presence and that's something to be thankful for.

I think I've told this story before, but I'm gonna tell it again for all the millions of readers new to this blog.

When I was younger, I spent a ton of time with my Grandma. So much so, that I called her mom (sort of wierd, but I always heard my mom call her mom so I did as well:) ). Anyway, my Grandma always seemed to have this direct connection with God. When she prayed, crap happened. I mean stuff really got done. And my grandma was never fearful of praying out loud. When she went to bed, I could always hear her praying even when I was at the opposite end of the house. She prayed for everyone and everything.

My grandma had no concept of time. If she got up at 5am she thought the whole world should be up at 5am. She had no problem calling people whenever she was up and going. I was one of those people. When I was in college and since I knew my grandma had this direct connection with God, I would call her before an exam so that she would pray for me. There is a downside to this though.

If I called her on a Thursday evening to tell her about an exam I had the following morning, well guess who called at 5am to say, "just wanted you to know I'm praying for you". Usually I was up all night studying so I didn't always take to well at being woke up, sometimes right after I had gone to bed. Sometimes I wasn't too pleasant. "Do you realize what time it is!!"

Several years later, I lost my grandma to cancer. Any idea how much I would treasure that 5am call now?

Sooooo, cherish what you have today, even if it or they drive you crazy sometimes. Cherish it and love it with all you've got!!!

Have a super day!!!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: