Sunday, January 13, 2013

Timber Mesa CrossFit

Lots of impressive weigh in updates coming in.  I think this is the most success we've ever seen this early.  Keep it up!!!!   Just don't get burned out early in the game.

My diet went pretty well all weekend until dinner this evening (Sunday).  Christy was working late so the boys and I decided on some home made tamales that a friend had made for us.  One other big obstacle that I'm having to overcome is the new bakery next to our office.  The bread is out of this world!!  Guess where it goes if it's not sold that day..........that's right, Art offers it to us.   So if I bring some bread or pastries to your office.....it's not because I'm trying to sabotage your weight loss, it's because I've already got plenty at my house.

Christy and I watched the Xterra triathlon championships this morning.   While I've never done a triathlon, it really motivated me to get back into shape.    I don't mean just mediocre shape, but I really want to get my butt in gear and start getting some miles in on the bike.   I realize it's "bittereffing" (this is a new word) cold, but I know folks who commute to work on a daily basis in Minnesota and our temps are nothing compared to that frozen place.  So tomorrow night, I'm hoping to dig out all my cold weather riding gear and start getting some cold miles in on the bike this next week.   I just got home from the office and my truck said it was 3 degrees outside.   Anybody else ready for Spring?

On Friday, I mentioned that Brandon from Timber Mesa Cross Fit wanted to offer a discount to any and all of our Weight Loss Challengers.  If you know a little or nothing about Cross Fit click here.   I've never done it, but my wife has.   It's one heck of a work out program.  The folks at Timber Mesa have a great program.  Whether your overweight or not, old or young, tall or short, etc..........they have a program for you.  As soon as you walk through the door, you will be met by someone who will show you what it's all about.  I've got a half brother that has lost over 50 lbs and looks amazing.  I guess it's pretty addicting, because once people get started,  they go crazy about working out.  It's a pretty impressive program.  So here's the deal.  When you arrive, tell them that you're a part of the Challenge.  While everyone's first visit is free, a normal month would cost you $70.00.  For us, Brandon is offering a super rate of only $40.00 a month.  I promise you, give it a week and it will be the best $40.00 you have spent.  That's the cost of 8 coffees from Starbucks.  Only this won't spike your blood sugar or add a few inches to your waistline.   Timber Mesa CF is located behind Show Low Ford in Show Low.   The actual address is 1640 E. Adams. Their hours are 5am-1pm then in the evenings from 3pm-7pm, you can show up anytime within those hours.   By the way, I'll be giving away a free month's membership so stay tuned to this blog to see how to win.      

I also mentioned a cool email I received and now have permission to share it, so here ya go.  Pretty cool.

"Firstly, I wanted to say thank you for getting so many of us motivated to do something about our health!
Last time I did this challenge I did it as a group and it really helped me stay on track having other team members that were counting on me, now after having a baby and gaining 60 lbs... I am doing this challenge again but not as a group. I was worried I wouldn't be as motivated, especially with code names no one knows if I fail or not. Well, turns out there are a lot of nurses here at the hospital who have joined this challenge and I am seeing them on the stairway instead of the elevator. Someone has posted inspirational sayings on the walls along the flights of stairs. Many of us are driving to walmart for healthy meals and snacks rather than wendys which is closer. Tonight I lost to rock paper scissors and braved the blizzard to go get veggies and fruit for everyone instead of the chicken fried chicken the hospital had planned for us. My coworkers have definitely kicked my drive up a few notches and so I have to tell them, "move over on the stairwell, cuz I'm takin home first place this time!" :-)

cantw82bskinny"


So to all you hospital employees, keep it up.  I'm sure it can't be easy eating healthy in that place.  Stay Strong and Stay Motivated.   Stay Focused on those goals.   Rewrite them often!!!

Ok it's getting late.   Gotta get some sleep.  Hope you all have a Super Monday!!!!   Fruit and Veggies for snack food!!  No more crap food!



 

No comments: