Monday, January 16, 2012

178!!

I've restarted this post about 20 times.  Initially I was a bit frustrated with my weigh in of 178lbs.  It's 3 lbs less than I was on Thursday, but I honestly had hoped for a bit more of a loss.  I keep telling myself though that I don't want to just eat well for this challenge, but I want it to become "the norm" for me. 

Last night as our family was watching tv, I see Coby (my 9yo) eating a piece of celery.  This is totally the norm for Coby.  He will take a salad over a hamburger any day of the week.  The kid lives for fruits and vegetables.  And of course the kid doesn't have an ounce of fat on him.  He's got the 6 pack that I never had.   I want my dietary habits to be the same.  I don't want to crave the burger, or the cake.  I don't even want it to be an issue.  

Is this something that is learned? Is it something that you can trick your mind into believing??  I sure hope so.  I honestly feel better when I'm eating well, yet so far that doesn't help with the cravings.  Once I get down to my target weight, I'm hoping that portion size will be the key to staying at my desired weight.   

Sugar is what kicks my butt.  Not soda but candy.  I got a box of See's suckers for Christmas and each sucker is 80 calories. 80 calories of what??? Why sugar of course. 

I think the key to this challenge and every day after, is just take it slow and steady.  Monitor the calories and exercise your butt off.   Common sense just says it's a healthier way of living anyway. 

So now I need to get off of my little pouty horse and get with the program.  I didn't gain 10 lbs over night so how can I expect to lose 10 lbs over night?  What a cry baby!   Step it up Church!! Quit being a whiny ass and get with the program. 

Time to get my butt in gear.  Day by day!!!



No comments: