Monday, January 30, 2012

What a waste of 4 good days!!!

After the pretty lousy, let down of a weigh in, my day was pretty much shot.  I couldn't believe I hadn't lost any weight.    I decided to go to the gym in hopes of working through the frustration, but that didn't work.  I did about 15 minutes on the bike then my back therapy workout and that's it.  I just wasn't feeling it today. 

Once I got over my pouting session, I took a step back and reevaluated what the heck happened.  After thinking about it, I realized I wasn't frustrated with my results, but frustrated with my inability to follow my plan.   I did good as far as the vegan thing, but eating times and eating amounts I think are what messed things up. 

I'll use Thursday evening as an example.  After a great day of riding, I had a good lunch.  Nothing with ton of calories and it consisted of only vegetables and a small bit of bread.  We didn't eat probably until 2:30-3:00 in the afternoon.   I was pretty full after this meal and should have just went with maybe a small snack before 6 pm.  That didn't happen.  Instead, once we were finished with our miniature golf outing, which must have been around 8pm, we opted to go to Village Inn.  I had 2 pecan pancakes with maple syrup.  Hellllooooo !!!!  What was I thinking??? 

This kind of thinking, along with probably too much snacking (healthy foods) over the weekend, I should have known not to expect progress.   I feel like I wasted such a good opportunity to lose a few pounds and I shot that opportunity all to heck. 

So I've pulled my head out of my rear and now I'm back on track.  Today was much better and I've had nothing to eat since 5:30 this evening.   I've realized I need to put more calories into breakfast and taper down as the day goes on, with no calories after 6pm.   I'm planning on a good ride tomorrow so hopefully by Friday, I'll be back on course with a few pounds lost. 

No comments: