Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gotta Love Frankenstein

This is how I feel today.  Rather than getting any better, with the exception of just holding my head on, my neck has become pretty useless.  To turn left or right is pretty painful and up or down is out of the question.  Pretty pathetic if I do say so myself.  What's worse is I don't even know how the heck it happened. 

Someone commented on the post yesterday and mentioned being joyous from the heart.  That comment has been on my mind all morning.  With my neck causing a major headache (I know, poor me), I've had to dig deep to find that joy this morning.  Slowly but surely though, I'm uncovering my happy joyous self:).

There's another giveway coming up so be ready.  I've got a couple of heart rate monitors and another gym membership so you all best be paying attention:)

On a much brighter note, I finished my final policy last night at about 8pm.  It was approved this morning by our accreditation agency.  This means that now we are in waiting mode.  Waiting for our unannounced surveyor to come and torture us for two days:) .    I'll explain more about this later, but just having the policies done is on huge hurdle out of the way.  Yesterday was spent trying to compile a years worth of Quality and Performance reports, this is what my desk looked like:

It doesn't look a whole lot better today, but by the end of the day it should be better. 

Just got off the phone with HQAA (accreditors) and our 90 day window starts February 6.  This means that from Feb6, they have a 90 day window to complete our unannounced survey.  This is a 2 day survey in which they go through all of policies and make sure were doing what we say were doing.  You would think, "ah not a big deal", but it is.  When you have over 300 oxygen concentrators, 300 hospital beds, I have no idea how many wheelchairs, you have to be able to account for every one of those.  Sound easy??  Have you ever been to Whiteriver?   Trying to find our equipment down there can be a full time task.   Then of course we have to be compliant in all other areas as well.  From the way we clean our equipment to the way our drivers load their vans.   It's a lot of little things that can really add up.  And being that you have no idea when their going to show up, nobody can take a day off.   It's a stressful time for all, but the process can really make you a better company.   So for now, I'm just trying to make the most of it and learn as much as I can.

Finally, I'm going to take a second to toot our own horn.   Now I don't want to jinx anything, but our latest batch of Satisfaction Surveys have started to arrive, and so far we're ranging in the 97% satisfaction range.  Some people have also written some very nice compliments as well.   I couldn't be more proud of the team I have.  They have done a great job with customer service. 

Gotta go heat up my little microwaveable heating pad.  Hope you all have a super day. 

 



No comments: