Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Morning Supplements

Do ya think the morning pill routine is a bit much??

 No, I don't take all of these at once.  It's sort of a gradual thing throughout the morning.  Let's see, first is the Ginseng, this one comes before any food.  Then once I eat breakfast, I start popping the rest of them.  Two CoQ-10 (these recommended by Dr. R),  3 Multivitamins (it takes 3 to make one serving), 2 Garlics (ya never know when you may encounter your next vampire), 1 Fish oil (don't want a heart attack at 40), 2 Vitamin B (supposedly they help with stress, I've yet to feel that affect), and finally 3 good ol Vitamin C (I'm not a believer that Vit C causes Kidney Stones, though I should be after by first experience with one last year).   

Do ya think it's over the top?  I don't.  With what little I'm eating and who is to say that what I'm eating has a day's supply of vitamins and minerals, I think everyone could benefit from a little extra letters in their diet (ya know, vit A, B, C, and so on, in case you were a bit slow). 

I don't have a clue as to if it makes much of a difference, but whats it gonna hurt??  Honestly I think the FDA and the drug companies have us all buffalo'd as to the real benefits of supplements.   I'm sure we could all over do a good thing, but in common sense moderation (I use that term loosely) I think supplements can be a good thing.    I say "loosely" because I think even the USRDA values are low.  Who is to say 60mg of Vitamin C is a good dose?  Heck I just took 3000mg.  I'm willing to bet (and Dear God I hope I'm not wrong) I see no side effects.    Now, just so some Bozo doesn't quote me on any of this, remember my degree is in biology, not nutrition, so take what I say with a grain of salt.  But do your own research (not one paid for by a drug company), and I think you will find that supplements surely have their benefits. 

One thing I do think that is very important if your taking supplements, is water.  Your body is going to excrete any excess so it's best to be as hydrated as possible to help with the process.  Ya gotta love that bright yellow pee:) . 

Well it's time to go eat my breakfast so I can choke down all these pills.  Hope you all have a super day. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to take a picture of your little blue pill ;)

Pedaldork said...

Here's a link for you Spuds

www.bosley.com

Anonymous said...

Here is yours....and who is spuds ??

http://www.neosmedspa.com/laser_hair_removal.html?gclid=CP_sqbmv160CFcobQgodo2jCKQ

Pedaldork said...

And it's a yellow pill, not a blue one.