Monday, January 30, 2012


Ryan and I had a blast in Tucson.  Mt. Lemmon was by far the best part of the trip.  I never thought Ry would be motivated enough to climb it two days in a row.   Not once did he ever complain about how hard it was or how tired he felt.  I was truly impressed with how well he did.  As hard as I thought I was riding up that climb, Ryan was never very far behind me. 

This is sort of the "warm up" portion of the ride.  If you will look just above the stop sign, you can sort of make out the road that climbs along side of the mountain. 




 As I said before, we weren't the only ones climbing up.  The mountain was full of riders. 

The View from about 8 miles up.

Almost to the 10 mile mark. 


T
We arrived back in Pinetop Friday night only to be reminded of how cold it is here.:(   There will be no riding in shorts for a while. 


Saturday was filled with City League basketball for the two older boys. Other than that we really didn't much on Saturday. I was going to go for a ride, but after two days of climbing and 4 hours of driving and sitting, by back needed a break.

On Sunday, I took the 2 older boys out shooting.  They had a blast.  Coby had never shot anything bigger than a bb gun so it was fun to watch him try his hand at some larger caliber guns.  My 30-30 and Ryans 243 was just a bit much for Coby so he pretty much enjoyed the .22 all afternoon.   Ryan was quite the trooper.  The .243 was a gift to him for Christmas.  It had a pretty good little kick to it, but he shot the entire box of bullets.  Coby though is destined to be a marksman.  The .22 he was shooting was shooting about  5 inches low and a little to the right, yet after a while he hit every target we put up. 

And now it's Monday.  Can you believe I gained weight?  How am I supposed to enjoy Super Bowl Sunday, if my chubby ass can't drop weight?   I'm bringing my bike to work tomorrow in hopes of working off some of this chub.    The biggest problem with this Vegan trial.............I love carbs!! I could eat bread all day long!!     Why couldn't God make the crappy tasting food bad for you and all the yummy food really good for you?   Wouldn't it be awesome if a quarter pounder with cheese was actually healthy:)?!!

I gotta get out of here.  Lots of work to get done at home tonight.  Don't feel like I got much finished today. 











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know u liked shooting. We will have to go sometime. Spuds