Monday, January 9, 2012

Stay Committed



Sitting here watching the BCS Game and can barely keep my eyes open. It's only Monday and I'm wore out already.

It was another good day as far as diet and exercise are concerned. Oatmeal for breakfast, tuna for lunch, some tortilla chips (homemade) and salsa for snack, and fajitas without the tortilla for dinner. As for working out, I got in 25 minutes on the bike, then about 45 minutes of weights. Not a bad day.

I understand quite a few from the Blue Ridge Walk In Clinic and Dr. Paxmans offices are part of the challenge. Because we use "nicknames" I don't have a clue as to who you are, but here's a deal for ya. If anyone, either from the Clinic or Dr. P's office loses a higher percentage than me, I'll bring lunch for the entire office. Sound like a deal? Also, I ran into one of you while checking out at Safeway, tell me you only ate half of that Dark Chocolate Bar:)

I've been trying to figure out a way to keep people motivated. It can be so easy to get discouraged and just go back to eating crappy food. Really people, you've got to want to lose weight, you've got to want to feel and look better, you really need to dig deep and commit. It's not easy. But I have found that once you start losing and seeing you're clothes start to fit more loosely, you will find the motivation comes with greater ease. You have to get there first though. Of course you're going to feel hungry, but I promise, you will survive. Take fruit and veggies to work, no soda, no candy. If it's not grown by the sun, don't eat it. Just try it for 4 weeks and see how much you lose. You can't cheat. Wanna snack? Grab a carrot or apple. In 4 weeks time you will find that you just want to keep going.

One thing that has really helped me has been educating myself about what is in our food. Don't read too much though, it'll scare the crap out of you. I've mentioned in the past about the documentary called "Food Inc". I just finished the book that was written after the movie and what an eye opener. It's sad to see what our government allows to be done to the food we eat. This movie alone has made it so much easier for me to be picky about what I eat. I refuse to support such heartless and careless acts committed by corporate companies that care only about profits.


I'm not sure if any of you would be interested in watching the video, but here's a deal for you. The first ten people that email me with their weight loss goals of 2012, I'll send you a copy of Food Inc. Email me at mail@alphaoxymed.com. And I want more than just a number. I want to know how you plan on reaching your goal. How will you feel about yourself when you reach it? C'mon, share a little something about yourself.

I realize that the ability to exercise is a little harder this time of year. You've got to be creative. For example, if you work at that hospital, tell yourself you're going to walk/run the stairs 5 times at lunch time. Then the next day shoot for 6. Challenge yourself.  If you're butt is sitting at the desk all day and you can't figure out why the pounds aren't coming off, get your bootie up and do something.

I have realized that I need very few calories to get through the day. I honestly don't feel like I'm missing out when I don't eat that snickers bar. I tell myself all the negative affects of sugar and so far I've beaten the urge every time.

One more thing; I have to contradict my earlier post about focusing on process rather than the product. Imagine yourself reaching your goal. Imagine yourself proud to look in the mirror. Imagine people saying "wow have you lost weight". Imagine going to buy smaller clothes. Use whatever it takes to stay the course. Read a book about all the negative affects of sugar. Find some sort of motivation and use it to it's potential.

Welp, my 3 year old just crashed on the treadmill. Gotta go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did only eat half of the chocolate! :) A piece a day is good for you.. and it helps with my sweet tooth! Hope your little boy is ok! And its a deal with the challenge for us next door over here! :)